And thats what I did when I made this quilt. It's totally not at all perfect and really, I used the wrong wadding, but in my attempt not to buy any more fabric during my sewing hiatus I didn't want to tempt fate by returning to a place dripping in fabric...so I stayed away from all stores fabric, notions and haberdashery! I must say...initially there were withdrawals, but now I am totally at peace with my decision. I'm looking at my stash in a complete different way.
I've made one of these quilts before...and I knew that if I was to embark again, I had to get it done and get it done fast. I cut one day...started sewing squares the next, then rows, then joining rows and before I knew it the quilt top was done. I made the binding (great use of fabric right there!) and, sat eagerly at night hand sewing it all together. Before I knew it, it was draped over the couch and has pretty much stayed there and used for added warmth during these chilly nights since.
I still have a fair way to go through the stash, but it's nice to know that all these little fabric bits here and there have merged together to make a quilt for our family.
Part 1 here