Thursday, January 10

floral











A chance encounter with some divine stretch sateen in my favourite hue on sale and this little floral jacket was imagined, cut and sewn in just a few hours.  I'd been coveting a floral summer jacket for a little while now, but jackets somewhat daunt me a little what with their tricky collars and lining.  But this floral jacket was a cinch.  Using a pattern I already had for heavy knit bolero style jacket, I modified it a bit to suit, made my own facings so as to avoid adding lining which I fears would make it heavier and with no collar, there was not a worry in the world.  A cute little addition to my wardrobe that will add the colour punch I desired.

Joining this world of creativity. 

xx


17 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous - I love the colour and the shape. Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it Brenda. The simple style of the jacket really makes the fabric the star. Awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! And oh so perfect for such a vibrant, sunny, happy lady. You are a star dear Bren :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm coveting that beautiful fabric and wishing I could wear yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jacket - you clever thing! Gorgeous colour on you :-) How long does it take for one to be able to 'whip' things up like that. I'm currently on day 1 of learning to sew and it was a slow and painful process just threading the needle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness you make it sound WAY too easy! I need to get clever-er at sewing clothes I think! It looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! So clever! The colour on you is amazing.

    Great bum by the way!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours...looks stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the most gorgeous fabric, Bren. It looks sensational on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour Bren! Looks great on you! feel free to link up on my blog if you want..

    Have a fab weekend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my what a beautiful jacket! The fabric is so stunning & fresh. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bren, I LOVE this colour on you. All those bright summer colours are making you blush and even more beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx