Monday, December 12

From rust bucket to shiny new {yes, another DIY}






I'm pretty sure I imaged these chairs into existence.  It's not often I go thrifted and think to myself "gee I really do want a pair of fold up chairs...comfy...bright in colour perhaps, and only needing a but of tlc."
Wham!  They appeared before I could even finish this sentence in my head.  And at the stellar price of $8 a pop....these little babies took no time to shine like new.   I quickly stashed them at my folks little hobby farm - perfect spot for a bit of DIY when sanding rust and spray paint was involved. 




I then moved them to my father-in-laws shed....where he kindly finished them off by giving the seats the clean of their life....nothing a bit of metho and some elbow grease!  



Not a speck of rust in sight!!! 


Take a seat why don't you??  

So from rust bucket to sparkly new....
the only cost was the rust proof aluminum spray can for $14!

Ever found just what you were looking for whilst thrifting? 
Do share...

xx



7 comments:

  1. Great job! They are quite fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! I doubt I would have the patience... no, I KNOW I wouldn't! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love the orange too.
    Dinner plates in blue and white are prob my most wanted and needed find!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! What an exciting find! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever. Everytime I see one of your 'after's I'm so very envious. You can actually turn rust into gold! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fantastic!! Love the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fantastic!! Love the orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx