Sunday, July 10

a little fancy 80's revival


On my recent trip back home I helped my mum do some much needed culling of her wardrobe so I could make some donations to the local op-shops (and not just clear out their stock!).  Oh I had heaps of fun, sorting through bits and peices for her.  Gosh shoulder pads were such the rage in the 80's!!  I think its easier to be ruthless with clothes that aren't your own.  Although we've kept a few real vintage peices even Kath and Kim would be impressed with.

I remember giving my mum a hard time with some of her outfit choices when I was young.  She would pick me up from primary school and I'd say "Oh mum, that jacket is all wrong on you, what are you thinking?" Need less to say, I mostly accompainied her shopping to as to be the honest voice of reason!

But one of my finds in my own mum's wardrobe was this gorgeous leather 80's belt.  The gold leaf clasp is just divine and something you'd even see in the stores now.


It's tricky though, wearing a vintage peice .  I think, the key is to wear it with clothes that compliment but that are of todays era.  Too much vintage and well, you tend to look vintage too. 


Worn today with some cozy denim jeggings, on oversized grey jumper and little pixie boots.

Joining in with the gorgeous Kymmie who I get the chance to catch up with in real life this week! yay!

Wearing;
Jeggings - Sussan
Jumper - Sportsgirl
Belt - mum's vintage
boots - Payless shoes
Earrings - Diva

 xx

6 comments:

  1. that is such a lovely belt! I love it, and i also like the outfit you put together for it - simple but lovely and lets the belt be the focus. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brenda, loving your look! That oversized jumper is awesome, and that belt... a great find! I bet your mum's wardrobe must be ready for some newbies now... ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cringe at some of the things I wore in the 80's :)

    You look great! Love what you have teamed your belt with.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cringe at some of the things I wore in the 80's :)

    You look great! Love what you have teamed your belt with.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not everyone can get away with it, hahaha. But you still managed to look pretty and stylish. Love your 80's look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, loving this look on you! That belt is gold...if you ever get tired of it...you know where to send it (although it wouldn't quite wrap round my waist at the moment!). Fabulous dahling!! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx