Wednesday, March 23

We Play: Paper Roads




Ohhh I am so excited to be linking up with this clever and inspirational Mum over at Childhood 101.



I love getting idea's and inspriation and when it comes to play idea's for my kids, the more idea's the better.

Well today, I thought I would share a little game we play here in MiraNarnie-Land.  It's the game of the The Paper Road.  My son asked to make a "new one" as his current paper road was getting a bit worn and weathered....  

And here is all you need (because the best play ideas don't cost a fortune!)
-  long piece of brown packing paper (I picked a large roll last year from Officeworks and it's still going!)
- Coloured texta's or crayons etc
- matchbox cars or other small toys


Lay some paper out on a hard surface - like floorboards and begin to draw some roads.  Fill in details like traffic lights, roundabouts, street signs, shops, train tracks and car parks. Decorate as you wish basically!  My son basically chose what he wanted me to draw - he then added some others and coloured in signs and lights.

Get your little match box cars and play till your heart is content.  When finshed - Roll it up and store away till next time!!! 

You could also draw heaps of other scenes - playground, farm, picnic scene, forest, racing car track, fairy garden etc - the limit is your imagination.  Speaking of which - fill your imagination up to the brim here!

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant! My boys would love this..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How old is your son?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ok, I just saw where you wrote that you drew it! I was gonna say, WOW thats awesome drawing for a 4 year old. lol. That is such a great idea. I might have to improvise for my 4 year old daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! It's almost better (and cleaner) than dirt roads in the garden! Thanks for sharing. You're such a great hands on mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! It's almost better (and cleaner) than dirt roads in the garden! Thanks for sharing. You're such a great hands on mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this ... I know what we are going to do tomorrow. Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we do this, we use our ikea roll of paper off the blackboard, it goes for miles and miles !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great fun, I used to do the same, but on a smaller scale in a notebook for when we were out at a restaurant. Sadly my son has grown out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea, Bren. So simple yet fun. The best kind of idea of all! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so true, I love their inspirarations and originality. Always gives me ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea! No need to buy expensive road and rails, and recyclable too! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for popping by my blog! Am following and linked you up since I love crafty blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx