Thursday, November 18

my creative space... {everything in its place}

I would love to say that I'm a naturally organised person.  Mostly I am, but sometimes things can get the better of me and at any moment my need to be organised and tidy can escape me, and I'm left with one big pile of mess with little understanding where things are.  This occurs frequently in my craft space.



So it's no surprise that I loved this project as soon as i read it in the book by Pip Lincolne titled 'Meet Me at Mikes'.  It's a fabric roll - a great place to store all your goodies.  Since owning this book, i've made quite a few of these (one for home, one for my bag that comes to craft markets with me etc) and now it was time to make another...



I chose some gorgeous linen/hemp and cotton blended fabric, a touch of denim for strength and durability and a lovely tassel of leather strapping with beads to wrap it all up ready to pop away or in a bag.



No matter what you want to store in it, whether it be crochet related, a few needles and thread, small scissors, pen and a notebook - This fabric roll will have you organised the likes of any IKEA catalogue looks!



Get yourself organised with a cuppa and cake and click over here for oodles of creativity!

14 comments:

  1. I so need one of those, my crafting space is an absolute mess at the moment! I love that book, I got it from the library ages ago and have lots of projects I want to do from it. I'd love to see her latest book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've done this project, looks fabulous!! I adore a little wooden bead on the end of a tie detail, nice work. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it - have borrowed a copy from the libe - and may i say i think your roll is the beautifullest i have seen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i might be getting Pip's books they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Pip's book is on my Christmas List!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get more organised with some of my crafting tools. Your wrap looks great. Love your choice of fabric and the leather tassel.xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I see of Pip's book the more I realise it's what I really do NEED it! I love the fabric you have used - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous! You always choose the most delicious fabrics and put them together so well...you have a real eye for design my girl! I've put that book on my Christmas wish list...have the new one and it's heavenly. Hope all is lovely with you :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these colours and the combination of fabrics. You are so talented and I'm so glad I have found you. I'm off to check out your etsy and madeit stores - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could do with a few of those myself... doesn't look too hard. Maybe I could tackle it? Just maybe... x

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS - ONE HUNDRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you don't need to publish this one if you don't want...!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just put you cute op shop button up on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx