Thursday, November 25

my creative space... {blueberry & coconut muffins}


I love it when a good recipe is shared.  It travels around from person to person, family to family and now-a-days a lot end up on the internet and on blogs.  I've made heaps of stuff I've found on blogs that not only look good, but get the approval from real people with real lives and great stuff to make with the kids.



This recipe is from one of my many cook books - In the Kitchen.  This cook book is written by Allen Campion and Michele Curtis - a husband and wife team, with real children, real dinner table dilemma's and great recipe's to share.  So I thought I'd share this one.  Plus I was talking with a friend this morning and mentioned that I was making these lovely blueberry and coconut muffins this afternoon with my son (whilst my daughter has the luxury of napping!)

So here it is...


Indredients;

100g butter
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 egg
125ml coconut cream
1 & 1/3 cups of self-raising flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
150g blueberries
icing sugar to serve

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Beat the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and beat until combined.
3. Stir through the coconut cream, followed by the flour and desiccated coconut.
4. Add most of the blueberries.
5. Spoon mixture into a prepared muffin tins with paper patty pans and top each muffin with the remaining blueberries.

Bake in oven for 20 or until risen and golden brown.  Allow to cool and then dust them with icing sugar!

Got to use the new re-usable snack bags I whipped up last night.  A project I've been meaning to do for ages (as I hated the amount of plastic snap lock bags I was chucking).  These little nifty bags, look fun, have a waterproof lining and velcro closure (so easy for the kids) - and if they get dirty or messy - just wipe clean or better still, toss 'em in the wash.

Now snap to it and check out more stuff fresh out of the creativity oven here....



 

6 comments:

  1. I was just thinking today that i really needed to make some snack bags (as I popped a banana into my handbag on the way to play group). Thanks for the added inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe sounds like a winner to me, blueberries and coconut, yummo. Your snack bags look great too. Can I ask what plastic you lined yours with? They are such a great idea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm can i smell the blueberries and coconut cream from here ??? delish darling :) and the bags are super cool, i use way too many ziplock bags :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those muffins look delicious!! I like your snack bag idea - are they easy to clean on the inside? Can you machine wash them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did someone say 'recipe'? Oh yummy. Guess what I'm making tomorrow! I'll let you know how they go! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx