Thursday, September 30

my creative space...

I returned to a craft I'd kind of said a fleeting farewell to. Jewellery making that is.  You name it I used to make it.  As a little girl I loved all things about beads and could sit for hours with some thrifted necklaces cut up and restrung to make something new.   But sometimes you can take the girl from the craft but you can't take the craft out of the girl.




Inspired by some latest trends in fabric and beaded bib necklaces, I thought I might just have enough bead and bits and bobs to make my own.



To my surprise when I pulled out my stash that has been sitting idle in the back of my craft cupboard I was astounded just how diverse and extensive my little collection was.



Without planning I started threading some beads onto a scrap of denim and then found some small scraps of silk and a bit of velvet ribbon and in less than an hour, I had a new accessory (without spending a cent) - well, I didn't go out and specifically buy anything if that counts.....




Seems like this craft can't escape me after all!  for more creative types - head over here! 

9 comments:

  1. I love the blue light in these photos and you are so clever making this up out of your bits n bobs! Great piece of jewellery...I think the childhood 'you' knew what she really wanted to be doing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is awesome! Was only in Sportsgirl the other day eyeing of one...sort of a doily affair and was going to have a crack at it...in my spare time...ha!!! Yours looks super! You should sell those for sure. Wishing you a happy weekend with a yummy coffee (or two) out somewhere lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You are so clever! It is amazing what you find in your stash, I am guilty for just buying new things without looking through the old all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're killing me with your creativity, you know that. This is such a great piece that it's almost painful to know that you just whipped it up from some scraps!! I checked out your wedding outfit in yesterday's post and it was a dream outfit, really. And wouldn't it pull together well with your new biblace (my new word for these lovely items)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, I love that you used things you already had to scratch a crafting itch instead of running to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic and some crafts just stay with us forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. like i said yesterday when i saw it LOVE LOVE LOVE it WANT WANT WANT one, you better go into production and get them into your shop !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That looks amazing on you. On me... well, you saw me with a golf club. I saw the others you'd made, but couldn't picture them on. Now I see them modelled, I totally get the appeal. Hope you sell hundreds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx